Apache::MP3 turns your home or office web server into a digital juke box.
Place your ripped CDs (MP3 or Ogg Vorbis format) into a web directory,
and browse them, create playlists, and stream them over the Internet.
News and Announcements
- 14 April 2006
- Version 4.00 of Apache::MP3 out. This version requires Apache2 and
- January 3, 2006
- Version 4.00 of Apache::MP3 is on its way. This version adds support for
Apache2/mod_perl2 and supports playlists of unlimited length. For now, this
version is only available from CVS.
- August 16, 2002
- Version 3.00 of Apache::MP3 is now available. It adds full internationalization
and localization support, courtesy of Sean Burke. Because of the extensive
changes this required, please be on the lookout for any anomalies and report
them to the bug list at this site.
- June 23, 2002
- Security advisory: There is a security
vulnerability in Apache versions earlier than 1.3.6. Please
update to 1.3.6 or higher. If you update to version 2.0.36, be aware
that Apache::MP3 does not work with the mod_perl 2.0 API. Be sure to
load the Apache::compat module before you load any other mod_perl
modules in order to avoid this problem!
- Sunday, April 28, 2002
- The next version of Apache::MP3 will have full i18n (internationalization)
support. This announcement describes the new
code and discusses how you can contribute to the internationalization effort.
See these screenshots
for a peek at i18n in action.
Operating Systems Supported
- All versions of Unix
- Including Linux, Solaris, Tru64 Unix, etc.
- Mac OS X
- (According to Ask Bjoern Hansen)
- Limited support for Windows NT/2000
- Only one song can be streamed at a time on Windows platforms.
Anonymous CVS Access
To get the bleeding edge version of Apache::MP3 use the anonymous CVS
repository. The CVS version will contain new and experimental
features and is not guaranteed to be stable.
Follow the recipe below. When prompted for a password for anonymous,
simply press the Enter key.
cvs -d:pserver:firstname.lastname@example.org:/cvsroot/apachemp3 login
cvs -d:pserver:email@example.com:/cvsroot/apachemp3 co -d apachemp3 namp
Call for Participation
Interested in participating? See the project page for
mailing lists, the CVS archive and the names of the developers. To
become a Apache::MP3 developer, just set up an account on
SourceForge and drop a note to Lincoln Stein.